Dingwall announces the limited edition John Taylor Rio Dream Bass
It's our pleasure to announce the Dingwall John Taylor Signature Bass! With a sleek custom finish that takes its inspiration from Duran Duran's seminal Rio album cover, the latest signature model from Dingwall Guitars embodies the personality and stylistic range of the band's 1982 multi- platinum record. "John Taylor's bass playing on Rio really imprinted on me how a bass should fit into a band mix," said Dingwall founder and CEO, Sheldon Dingwall. "His basslines have always had a special combination of energy and elegance, and it's been an absolute pleasure working with him on this project. I think this new signature model has really raised the bar for us."
The series launched with an individually numbered Cranberry Pearl colored model, the Rio Dream Bass®, which is limited to just 82 instruments. The Rio Dream Bass will be followed by the release of three other production model colors: Black, Vintage White and Seafoam.
SPECS: RIO DREAM BASS
- Body: Nyatoh, custom Rio finish
- Neck: Maple, bolt-on
- Fingerboard: Macassar ebony
- Frets: 24 banjo-sized, Novax fanned-fret system ® Electronics: Rupert Neve Designs 2-band active EQ Pickups: 3 x Dingwall FD3-N
- Hardware: Open-back tuning keys with Hipshot Xtender key on the E-string, Dingwall Minimalist TM bridge
- Case: Custom padded gigbag included